Wednesday 15 September 2010

Book Review - Last Night at Chateau Marmont

Hi guys. So I've just finished reading Lauren Weisberger's (author of the Devil Wears Prada) latest, 'Last Night at Chateau Marmont.' If I told you that I read this in less than a week, you'd probably presume that I loved it? And I did...

Heartbreak, Headlines and Hermes - Welcome to Brooke's new world... This strap line alone, was enough to make me buy this book!

The story is based in NYC - Brooke is a hard-working city girl who's fallen head-over-heels for a musician playing in little jazz bars; Nola (Brooke's best friend) is a high-flying glamour puss, who's ultra supportive of her best friend; and Julian is the husky voiced heart throb Brooke has it bad for. Interested?

The story escalates around Julian's sudden discovery as a talented singer/songwriter, and the ups and downs that his and Brooke's marriage have to rough it through thanks to fame, paps and headlines.


This was an awesome read - I couldn't put it down, and read as little as a paragraph at any given opportunity.... 5 stars for Lauren :-)

2 comments:

  1. hi tash....i also reading that book right now... yes i know it was late but to me good books will always last.....and i did not yet finish reading it...but the first 10 pages were great already!!.. it makes me want to read more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm sorry I haven't got back to you sooner... did you like the book? Pleased the first 10 pages grabbed you!! x

    ReplyDelete